Sunday 12 June 2011

Lifeline Bookfest!



I am very excited about my haul this year, and I must say it is rather tame. I focused on getting up to date with some of the more recent titles that I've wanted to read, in the past I've always gotten carried away with finding nice editions of the classics. For 50c each, I bought D.H. Lawrence Lady Chatterly's Lover, Naomi Wolf The Beauty Myth, Michael Ondaatje The English Patient, Arundhati Roy The God of Small Things, Mark Haddon The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Joan Lindsay Picnic at Hanging Rock, Umberto Eco The Name of the Rose, Paul Auster The Book of Illusions, Kazuo Ishiguro The Remains of the Day (!! So excited about this read!!) and Roddy Doyle Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha. 

I guess I should add them to the list of books to read before February next year??!

1 comment:

  1. I loved Lady Chatterley's Lover and The Book of Illusions. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time is also a good summer read.

    I've heard good things about The God of Small Things - I look forward to your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete